Thursday, June 28, 2012

2 months down!

I am WAY overdue for a blog post, sorry bout that. I find that the more i try to avoid writing in this blog the faster the time goes, suddenly when i come back im like " Oh wow, it's been a month since my last post! Waiting for a referral isn't so bad after all! "

Sometimes though, the wait feels torturous and i just need to vent or feel like i am doing something adoptioney < Not a word.  So posting on this blog is super therapeutic. It just depends i guess. Adoption is a roller coaster that's for sure. So expect erratic posts, sometimes they will come in abundance and sometimes they just wont.

Any how.... I thought it was quite exciting to let you guys know that it has already been 2 MONTHS since we submitted our dossier!!!!! How awesome is that! It's actually a little over 2 months since we submitted April 20. It does feel like it's going by pretty fast overall. This is probably because i am super good at keeping myself busy, I have far too many hobbies! Also it really hasn't been that long, i am sure by the 10th or 11th month i will be pulling my hair out, desperate for the referral!
If current trends persist we should only have 10 more months of this waiting to go, as it seems most get their referrals at the year mark! It almost the length of a pregnancy! Then of course i still have a long way to go after the referral...still it is going to be amazing to have a picture of the little guy who is going to make us two into a three and finally make us a family!

Until then life goes on and on


I have been spending lots of time with my niece. Gosh i just love her. She is constantly asking when he ( her new cousin ) is going to get here because she wants someone to play with - I remind her that she does have two very fun little brothers, but i guess someone not related to you is just 100x more fun.  



My niece kept playing with one of our future sons stuffies all day and calling him 'cousin', kids are awesome. I think i may have to let her keep her 'cousin' doll and pick up a new one.


I can't believe what a big girl she has become I was really noticing it on our last sleepover, things change in a blink of an eye, I swear she was just a baby yesterday! I can only hope i can savor every minute once my little angel gets here!


*Tear

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know I'm following your blog since you have no comments :) I am a fellow waiting adoptive mom for the DRC with the same agency from BC, just ahead of you -Dossier submission Mar 2012! Great to follow your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca

    Thank you for commenting, i really appreciate it, it's so nice to know you aren't just writing to thin air!

    I am sorry to hear you are with the same Agency, you have probably already heard about the OWAS/CHOICES termination. I hope to the bottom of my heart that you were able to figure something out and move forward with your adoption. I checked your blog but you hadn't posted about it yet. I'd love to hear about what you decided to do.

    ReplyDelete