Saturday, January 7, 2012

Planning babies room

I love looking at crib bedding...especially when i know I will have a little someone soon to sleep with it. It's even more fun to look at stuff i will soon be buying now that I know we will be getting our little guy soon.


So I have decided to do a sock monkey theme for baby Z's room! Actually it's more of a retro vintage toy theme with sock monkey's as the primary focus.

I have fallen in love with this bedding:

I believe it can be found on poshtots...it is expensive so i would probably try to make it myself or i will create a similar version of it on babybedding.com for half the price!




I also adore this one, which is much cheaper. I love the material of the sheets and how it looks like sock monkey material! Soooo cute. Found @ babybedding.com.... I also ADORE that bike wall hanging above the bed, but can't for the life of me locate it :(



I really like the color scheme of this one...and i like that the sock monkeys seem bigger...maybe it's just my imagination though. Found @ http://www.2sweetsisters.com/Sock-Monkey-Vanilla-Crib-Bedding-Set_p_12769.html



This red changing pad cover is gorgeous, and is sold from http://www.babybedding.com/solid-red-minky-changing-pad-cover for 39 bucks. They have other colors, including the cute sock monkey material! They have so much cute sock monkey stuff on that site. Lamps, rocking chair covers...but i don't want to overdo it, sock monkey can go from cute to tacky pretty darn quick!




Ah yes, the classic red wagon. What retro room would be complete without this! I plan to also use it to hold toys and stuffies in his room. It's by radio flyer, retails for about 78 bucks, i found one at wal-mart, but you can probably find them anywhere. They even have a matching umbrella for it~ which i probably wont get as it doesn't look like it would protect from a downpour very well.



As evidenced in the first nursery photo, it is imperative that i own this bike for my son! It's too perfect not to have. It retails for 200 bucks, it's by ' airflow collections' and its the sky king trike in red. I haven't found anywhere in my area where i can purchase one, so most likely i will be traveling to obtain one. It'll be so worth it though!



For dressers i am just going to find something black that looks similar to this on craigslist, for under 200 bucks.



I also want to get one of these tall skinny dressers for the corner. They don't take up too much room since they are tall instead of wide. They would be great for storing away socks/hats/gloves/bibs/pjs/ onesies/ recieving blankets. Could find one on craigslist for under 100 bucks im sure. This one in particular is from http://www.gowfb.ca/




I also want to get a hanging hutch like the one above the desk in this photo or shelf unit to hang above his dresser ( The wide dresser ) Again i am going to try to be super cheap and scour craigslist till i locate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment